Friday, March 22, 2024

Meccano Crazy Inventors Helicopter

 My first post here. It began with a casual chat with my friend in US on construction toys. I mentioned the paucity of Meccano in India and my attempts to get the Crazy Inventors sets. He found them on Facebook Markets in the US and promptly bought not one but three of them at dirt cheap prices. I do not know exactly how much he paid because he gifted them to me and sent them through his family members who were visiting him. 

I began to build the first one, a helicopter with some unusual features! The name Crazy Inventors is fully justified! 

Here is the box:

And here is the model:

As you can see it has all kinds of contraptions attached to it included simulated engines and what looks like a fence. The controls for the engines is outside the canopy! So I do not know how the Crazy Professor can access it in flight. The canopy is in two parts with a gap in-between which will have a slipstream hitting the Prof. All in all it is just that - a crazy model.

It is motorises with a three volt Meccano motor. Here is a small video of the helicopter:



Some of the details of the box. I am preserving these I am going to throw away the box!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Meccano Crazy Inventors Helicopter

 My first post here. It began with a casual chat with my friend in US on construction toys. I mentioned the paucity of Meccano in India and ...